Investigations and business health checks
Fraud Examination reports: recommended pro-active rather than reactive seeking to explore:
- The integrity of your business systems/accounting systems
- The integrity and moral compasses of your staff and owners, and their ability to comply with rules and regulations set internally and externally
- Any concerns as to the culture of the business generally (hoping to avoid a generic accusation that all businesses are potentially criminogenic (having the propensity to cut corners and contrary to law, in order to gain a profit)
Compliance Policies by way of a non-exhaustive list:
- Anti-Corruption policies compliant with the Bribery Act 2010?
- Are you aware of the powers of the Foreign and Corrupt Practices Act 1977 (US Federal Law)
- Are you aware of Financial Sanctions imposed upon those whom you do business with, and the consequences of conducting business with those who are on the Sanctions List?
- Your duties as data controllers, and the consequences of breaches.